Entry closed for this photo contest.
To find more on-going Photo contest please visit here.
B&H Photo, Video and Pro-Audio, Wilderness Safaris and South African Airways are pleased to present to you the B&H Wilderness Photo Competition, the most exciting outdoor photography contest there is. B&H, known as the professional's source, has been serving the imaging community worldwide for nearly 40 years. Wilderness Safaris is a conservation organization and ecotourism company dedicated to responsible tourism throughout the areas in which it operates in Africa. South African Airways is Africa's most awarded airline. Together, they have created two incredible prize packages— two all-expense paid African safaris (some restrictions see rules for complete details) for the winning photographer and his or her guest.
- Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. You can submit scans of negative or slides as a jpeg for film images.
- Only online entries will be eligible.
- The maximum number of allowable submissions is one photograph per category.
- You should submit JPEG images saved with max quality compression on the long dimension of 1,000 pixels at 72 or 300 dpi with either Adobe1998, sRGB or untagged color space.
Judges: Scott Kelby, David Cardinal, Dana Allen, Mike Myers, Michael Poliza, Martin Benadie, Peter McBride, Ron Magill
- Land Mammals
- Aquatic (Marine and Freshwater)
- Culture/Wilderness People
- Conservation/Man and The Environment
- Macro: Flora/Insects
- Animals in Zoos and Captivity
- Popular Vote Winner: The photograph which receives the most votes for will receive six (6) night's accommodations for two (2) in Namibia at a Classic Camp Range. The prize includes round trip airfare on South African Airways from New York to Windhoek (via Johannesburg), inter-camp light aircraft transfers, all meals, park fees, scheduled daily camp activities and drinks (excluding premium brand imports) for two people on a sharing basis.
- Judging Panel Best Photo Winner: The photograph found by the Judging Panel to be the best overall photo will receive a total of six (6) night's accommodations in Botswana at a Classic Camp Range. The prize includes round trip airfare on South African Airways from New York to Johannesburg, and round-trip airfare from Johannesburg to Muan on - SA Airlink, inter-camp light aircraft transfers, all meals, park fees, scheduled daily camp activities and drinks (excluding premium brand imports) for two people on a sharing basis.
- Judging Panel Category Winners (runner ups): Entrants submitting the photographs found by the Judging Panel to be the best in each Category will receive a B&H Gift-Card pre-valued in the amount of five-hundred dollars ($500.00).
Copyright: You retain copyright to your photograph and the Sponsors may not sell your photo entry for a fee. All entries may be posted online so that viewers may view all competing entries. And winning entries may be used in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest for a period of 24 months from the date winners are notified.
Visit http://www.wildernessphotocompetition.com/about.shtml for more detail.